I. Training workshops (9 days of training – 65 hours) – topics:
Day 1 (8 hours)
Mentoring/coaching – differences and similarities, principles of the process:
- Coaching and mentoring: main principles, similarities and differences
- Contracting the process
- The three roles of a mentor in the process
- The three pillars of mentoring
- I as mentor: elements of self-diagnosis
- Deepening self-diagnosis in a pair exercise using open questions and active listening.
Day 2 (7 hours)
Diagnosis and contracting:
- Contracting the process with the client and the mentee
- Identifying client needs
- Defining the client’s company organisational culture
- Selection of mentoring pairs
Day 3 (8 hours)
Diagnosis and elements of non-verbal communication:
- Useful diagnostic tools and their practical application in the process.
– DISC, MPA, EASI.
- How do people communicate?
- The process of establishing the goal of the process with the mentee.
Day 4 (8 hours)
Tools and exercises that help expand the self-awareness of the mentee and mentor in the process:
- Identifying a point of reference in the mentoring process
- The wheel of life (according to JMT methodology): pair exercises: self-diagnosis
- The wheel of Leader competences (according to JMT methodology): pair exercises self-diagnosis
- JBT – independent exercises with self-presentation of results in plenary.
- How to identify the values of the mentee.
Day 5 (8 hours)
Tools that help in the process of defining and monitoring the goal of the process:
- Tools and techniques for establishing goals (pair work)
- Plan/strategy/goal: don’t be orthodox in the process: learn by doing
- Practical exercises
- Feedback: what is it?
Day 6 (8 hours)
Change in the mentoring process:
- Change: a necessity difficult to accept: presentation
- Changes in the life of mentors: cases
- How to accompany the mentee in change.
Day 7, Day 8 (15 hours)
Coaching techniques in the mentoring process
- Framing techniques
- Techniques that facilitate introspection
- Work on relationships
- Work on selected convictions and stereotypes
- Project techniques: naming emotions/storytelling (practical use of IdeaCards and Qubiqbox).
Day 9 (7 hours)
Initial recapitulation and summary, evaluation of the process
- The mentor and their role
- Working and contracting with an institutional client
- Non-verbal communication
- Feedback in the process
- Practice of 3 selected techniques
- summary of the process: feedback from participants, evaluation.
- Certification of completion of the theoretical course
II. Practical work (min. 60 hours):
- mentoring practice – min. 40 mentoring session with a minimum of 5 mentees. Countable hours must occur:
– within 12 months before the beginning of the course – no more than 20 hours
– during the course and after it ends
- – supervised sessions – 3 individual and 2 group.
III. Self-reflection module (6 hours): 1,500-word essays
- 5 essays based on selected works from the reading list provided
- 1 essay on one of the participant’s processes.